Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Microproject 5

The object I decided to use was my bed and nightstand. I decided to use these objects because they're something I use on a daily basis. I not only use my bed to sleep in, I also use it as a desk, couch, and a place to eat. I find my bed to be incredibly comfortable so I end up spending lots of time in it. I also used my nightstand because I usually throw everything onto it when I first enter my room. The word I was assigned was "to hang". When I first heard this was one of my words I completely blanked. After a little brain storming however I came up with the idea of having my bed hang. A lot of thought when into my idea after deciding what object I wanted to use and where I wanted to place it. The first thing that came to mind  was having my bed appear almost like a hammock. One day i was using the website stumbleupon and came across a article that talked about people building a hanging jacuzzi from a bridge. The view was beautiful so I decided to use the picture for my project. I also liked the picture because it looked almost like it was near sunrise. What better way then to have the sunrise wake you up in you're hammock bed? I found it a little ironic because I'm deathly scared of heights but I thought the idea was creative. The process I went through while making this photo was originally used photoshop to place my images. Afterwards I used a photo editing website call picnik to alter the colors of the landscape and add the text. I really enjoyed the turnout of my piece and if it's possible to build a hanging jacuzzi I'm sure it's possible to build a hanging bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment