Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Crossing Campus (Microproject #1)

Since it is the first year I have lived off campus, I knew that all of my classes would take a little bit longer to walk to. When I saw on my schedule that one of my classes was located in the stadium, a little bit longer walk was an understatement. I’ve been to football games at the stadium before, but had no idea that there were classes located inside of it. With previous knowledge of where the stadium was I decided to leave super early on the first day just to give myself some leeway time. It takes me about 25 minutes to walk from my house to the classroom. In order to pass time on my long walk I usually listen to Pandora radio station through my iPhone. I also break my walk into sections to try and make the time pass quicker. This project really made me realize how long, yet scenic my walk is to class. While making my piece about my walk to class, I tried to portray how awake I was by the amount of blur in each picture. When I originally leave my house I’m still half asleep, but as my walk continues I slowly begin to wake up more and more. By using different types of filters on the photos I was able to change the amount and kind of blur. Some of the filters I used were sponge, film grain, ocean ripple, and dry brush. I also included pictures of a universal map and headphones but made them opaque in the background because to me they blend in with the walk and become somewhat automatic. I also decided to use some text speaking about the time just to show how long the walk really takes even though it is only displayed with six pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent description Jana. I like incorporating the sleepiness into it.

    ReplyDelete