Monday, October 24, 2011

Microproject #3

For my sculpture I decided to use an oversized plastic hanger accented by pink spot lights.  I chose these objects because fashion plays a large role in my life and whenever a person sees a hanger the first thing that comes to mind is clothing. I also decided to use pink spot lights to give it the aspect of more feminine clothing instead of just clothing in general. I chose the tree area by the Wexner center because people often argue if fashion is considered art, so I thought it was a good idea to place it by an art center to maybe raise thought about the debate. The sculpture is simply just made of plastic like any normal hanger, a black wooden stage with a skirt, and then pink lights installed around it. I would like the viewer to interact with the sculpture in an observational way. There will be no signs around it telling what it is about or for, leading the viewer to come up with their own inference about the sculpture and it's meaning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment